- Dietician: An apple-a-day dietetics – experienced dieticians, passionate to give you the tools.
- Exercise Physiology Strength and exercise conditioning to help you get back on track for a range of muscular and fitness issues. Assessments and treatment in the surgery, Gym work and also Sports massage.
- Physios have been providing high quality physiotherapy in the centre
- Perinatal Mental Health Nursing Mums and bubs – pregnancy counselling and support. Before and after – support for one of the most important jobs ever.
- Acupuncture and Health Positive impact provides coaching to assist you make positive changes to your life.
Annual Medical Assessment
At Lake Orr Family Practice, we help give you peace of mind by detecting and identifying conditions, issues and risk factors early – before they become chronic disease processes. We offer comprehensive medical assessments to ensure you have all the right information to make your long-term health a priority.
Your results aren’t our secret. We are happy to send your results to any other healthcare providers responsible for your ongoing care.
We have practice nurse , who offers pre-conception advice, and routine antenatal care throughout your pregnancy.
All of the doctors also offer these services, and a full postnatal check 6 weeks after your baby is born. Normally, once you have chosen your hospital, we will share your care with the hospital midwives or through your GP.
Appointment for routine checks throughout your pregnancy can be made at a time to suit you, during normal surgery hours.
This clinic is by our doctors and practice nurses. Your baby will have an six week developmental check, and receive the first set of childhood immunisations. Subsequent immunisations can be given by the nurse in any practice nurse clinic.
For routine checks of weight and development, and advice on feeding, book an appointment or please contact us.
When a blood test is necessary, the doctor will complete form for you, indicating which tests are required. We have pathology onsite will be happy to organise the tests. Blood tests will need to be taken before 1pm
If you have been asked to have a fasting blood test, please do not eat or drink anything other than water from midnight the night before your test.
It takes mostly 2-3 days to get the results back, you need to organise another appointment to discuss results with the GP, If urgent review needs our friendly reception staffs will contact you on phone and ask you to return. We cannot give blood or investigation reports over the phone, unless there is a clinical need.
The National Cervical Screening Program aims to prevent cervical cancer by detecting early changes in the cervix.
The rate of cervical cancer has halved since the Program began in 1991.
It is currently recommended that all women aged between 18 and 69, who have ever been sexually active, have regular Pap tests.
80 per cent of cervical cancer occurs in women who have never screened or don’t screen regularly.
The National Cervical Screening Program is changing. From 1 May 2017:
- women will be invited when they are due to participate via the National Cancer Screening Register
- the Pap smear will be replaced with the more accurate Cervical Screening Test
- the time between tests will change from two to five years
- the age at which screening starts will increase from 18 years to 25 years
- women aged 70 to 74 years will be invited to have an exit test.
- HPV vaccinated women still require cervical screening as the HPV vaccine does not protect against all the types of HPV that cause cervical cancer.
Chronic Disease Management
The Lake Orr Family Practice doctors and nurses are determined to offer regular reviews to manage long-term conditions including :
- Heart Disease
- High blood pressure
- All Chronic ailments which is likely to be there for more than six months to years
Nurses will organise in collaborations with Doctors chronic disease care plans and annual checks and regular reviews
Our practice nurse carries out routine new patient health screening, and health checks.
You may also like to book an appointment to discuss healthy living advice and weight management programme.
All our doctors and nurses can offer advice on all aspects of family planning and contraception. For prescriptions of the contraceptive pill and depot injections, see your doctor. For repeat prescriptions of the contraceptive pill, or further depot injections, make an appointment with the doctor. Please note we will not issue repeat prescriptions for the contraceptive pill without seeing you. Dr A can see you to discuss and arrange coil fitting (IUD), including mirena.
For emergency contraception, phone reception for our on call GP to assess your needs and arrange treatment.
Our practice nurses can provide all the routine childhood and adult immunisations.
For travel vaccinations, please see the relevant section of the website.
Flu vaccination; Pneumococcal vaccination: every year we offer the seasonal flu, and pneumococcal vaccination to all our patients over the age of 65, and those with chronic conditions such as asthma or diabetes. This is normally available from the end of Summer see updates nearer the time.
Free flu vaccine is available to pregnant women (PDF 198KB)(opens in a new window) and other eligible groups who have medical conditions that place them at an increased risk of complications from the flu. See the Annual Influenza Program for eligible groups who can access a free vaccine every year.
For up to date information about the current childhood immunisation schedule, please contact our practice nurse
Patience and time are necessary to heal.
We believe strongly in not hurrying the rehabilitation process, that we hope it doesn’t seem out of the ordinary when your Lake Orr Family Practice physiotherapist is focused entirely on you, during each treatment session.
And you may notice that appointments are never rushed and that you’re never left on your own between other physiotherapy patients—because the only patient is you.
At Lake Orr Family Practice, physiotherapy appointments are delivered with one-on-one care and attention, in a private room, and are designed to promote wellness, mobility and physical restoration.
At Lake Orr Family Practice rehabilitation personal training is guiding you with confidence. Be it a marathon or a flight of stairs.
Whether you are recovering from a sports injury or just beyond post-operative treatments, our physiotherapists will work with you one-on-one.
- With incidences of skin cancer rapidly increasing in the last decade, prevention is on everyone’s mind. Between Sunscreen, wide brimmed hats, most people believe they are doing everything possible to prevent this deadly disease. We do not realise is the fact sun damage also happened in our childhood, As an adult, early detection of changes in our skin is greatest in prevention and early treatment of melanomas and other form of skin cancer.
With incidences of skin cancer rapidly increasing in the last decade, prevention is on everyone’s mind. Between Sunscreen, wide brimmed hats, most people believe they are doing everything possible to prevent this deadly disease. We do not realise is the fact sun damage also happened in our childhood, As an adult, early detection of changes in our skin is greatest in prevention and early treatment of melanomas and other form of skin cancer.
Screening of skin and mole mapping is designed for this purpose and as leading edge . When it comes to skin cancer at Lake Orr Family Practice specialist GP Dr Julian Fox offers skin screening as first line of defence.
Our Travel Clinics deliver a quality, comprehensive service to University, Students, Corporates, Leisure Travellers and Workers. We specialise in providing vaccination and related medicine services to travellers, as well as seasonal vaccinations. The clinics are staffed by Doctors who understand all your needs
We are your complete one-stop travel clinic for all your international medical health needs.
- Travel Vaccines
- Travel Clinic Services
- Workplace Flu Program
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- University Students going Abroad
- Recommended Immunisations